[ccnx-dev] Dynamic-content oriented applications

sbarber at parc.com sbarber at parc.com
Fri Jun 18 16:36:34 PDT 2010

Hi Gustavo,

The expiration time is just a hint to the caches, and not to be relied on. The real trick here is to include a version component in the content name. Every time a new version is available the source of the content would make a new name available with an updated version field. The clients would use 'getLatestVersion' to ensure they are getting the most recent content.  getLatestVersion recursively asks for newer versions until it gets no further response, and assumes that the last response it got is the most recent version. This way it ensures that it always goes back to the content source.

Simon